Takween Integrated Community Development (Takween-ICD) is an urban development firm established in 2009 in Egypt by a young dynamic team with extensive experience, in response to a foreseen growing demand for innovative urban solutions in a world where it is predicted that by 2030, 60% of the world’s inhabitants will be living in urban centers. Takween-ICD specializes in the development of integrated packages in urban development services and solutions to support and complement efforts of tackling urban challenges. Takween-ICD provides project planning, design and implementation services to a range of local and international clients. Takween-ICD fields of interventions include integrated urban development and upgrading; heritage management and conservation; community development and mobilization; and direct involvement in participatory design and construction activities.
The Site Architect (Conservation and Construction) will be responsible for the conservation and construction activities being implemented on site. He/she should have significant experience working in heritage and conservation projects. The Site Architect (Conservation and Construction) will supervise the site activities from the beginning to end, ensuring that the project is completed within time and budgetary constraints, and with the highest quality levels. The understanding of the conservation and construction trades and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment are important.
The Site Architect (Conservation and Construction) will be reponsibile for leading a construction/conservation Unit towards the conservation of the 18th Century Wakalet el-Geddawy (listed monument), the renovation of the facades of architecturally significant buildings, and public open space upgrading within al-Quisariyya traditional market – all located in the historic center of Esna City (Luxor Governorate.)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Management / Technical Responsibilities
- Monitor and direct daily restoration / construction activities; assign and ensure implementation of tasks given to foremen and work crews according to the agreed upon time schedules; prevent implementation defects; manage and assure quality of works according to the agreed upon specifications; and assure the enforcement and proper application of safety measures and by-laws by work crews, workgroups, sub-contractors and contractors to: increase productivity, ensure the quality of the results, compliance with the budget, the timely completion of building activities, and the safety of work sites;
- Estimate and allocate different resources required for restoration / construction activities including labor, contractors, tools, equipment, materials, and financial resources to: ensure the smooth work flow, proper allocation of resources and costs to different project components, and timely implementation of required tasks;
- Direct, in coordination with the Site Accountant, Procurement Officer, and Store Keeper: the timely selection, acquisition, technical receiving, and issuing of materials; as well as the acquisition and regular maintenance of tools and equipment according to the agreed upon technical specifications and in compliance with the project financial and administrative guidelines to: ensure the quality of the results, compliance with the budget, and the timely completion of restoration / construction activities;
- Review all construction related documents, appraise site conditions prior to starting the works, and coordinate / consult with the Architect(s) - following the approval of the Unit Manager - any changes desired prior to or during restoration / construction activities;
- Maintain and update diary as well as other construction records on a day-to-day basis, including photos, reports, sketches and logs to: ensure the proper documentation of restoration / construction activities, and to assist the Architect(s) to produce as-built drawings as well as progress and final reports on restoration / construction activities;
- Provide the Architect(s) with needed technical assistance through: i) site visits, ii) structural assessments, iii) provision of construction details, conservation measures, technical and financial data on materials, construction techniques, architectural, structural, electrical, sanitary, and mechanical works to: facilitate production and development of final architectural drawings, working drawings, written technical specifications, BOQ, Cost Estimates, project presentations, and technical database / manuals for appropriate restoration / construction techniques;
- Supervise in coordination with other project units: recruitment, contracting, and training of local labor and workgroups on restoration / construction activities to: build the technical capacities of local community members.
Administrative and Financial Management
- Monitor, review, approve and report in coordination with the Site Accountant and HR Officer daily logs, monthly payments requests, final payments and contracts of labor, foremen, workgroups, sub-contractors and contractors according to the project regulations to: ensure the smooth work flow and timely payments;
- Manage and approve in coordination with the Site Accountant the timely disbursement and reimbursement of cash floats according to the project regulations to: ensure the smooth work flow and availability of financial resources required for the implementation of restoration / construction activities.
Communication and Reporting
- Track and report to the Unit Manager in coordination with the Site Accountant technical and financial progress of restoration / construction activities through production and tracking of time schedules, financial tracking tools, regular and final reports to: i) monitor technical progress and financial expenditure, ii) analyze the results based on the facts achieved, and iii) forecast future technical and financial achievements;
- Attend regular coordination meetings with project staff, consultants, donors, clients and beneficiaries as required; and report on a regular basis progress of activities to the Unit Manager to: ensure the timely and coordinated implementation of project activities.
- Advanced university degree in Civil, Architecture, Conservation, or Consutction engineering and management;
Work Experience :
- 7-10 years of experience in construction, urban conservation, rehabilitation, and restoration of historic sites;
- Familiarity with direct management of work crews, project management tools, conservation measures, and work in community development context as well as USAID projects;
- Arabic and English proficiency is a must;
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), AutoCAD, and project management software such as Microsoft Project;
- Strong interpersonal communications skills;
- Proven track record of critical thinking, problem solving and working independently, requiring only general guidance on complex issues;
- Ability to work under high pressure and carrying out simultaneous multi-tasks;
- Self-motivated with high leadership, organizational and communication skills;
- Creativity and ability to seek and explore innovative solutions;
- Teamwork abilities and work collaboratively with other stakeholders and staff members;
- Strong planning and organizational skills to cope with expected workload;
- Accountability and high commitment to the company’s quality standards and code of ethics;
- Site Architect will work in Esna City – Luxor; accommodation and transportation will be covered;
- Site Architect preferably a resident from Luxor or Esna.
- Site Architect will be working in a harsh environment and structurally dilapidated buildings;
Salary & Benefits
How to Apply
Fungal 30 Pills 350mg $85 - $2.83 Per pill
Fungal 360 Pills 350mg $455 - $1.26 Per pill
Fungal 60 Pills 350mg $129 - $2.15 Per pill
Fungal 90 Pills 350mg $169 - $1.88 Per pill