Senior Architect/Graphic Designer
Full Time - 1 Year (subject to renewal)
8 March 2018
Takween Integrated Community Development (Takween-ICD) is an urban development firm established in 2009 in Egypt by a young dynamic team with extensive experience, in response to a foreseen growing demand for innovative urban solutions in a world where it is predicted that by 2030, 60% of the world’s inhabitants will be living in urban centers. Takween-ICD specializes in the development of integrated packages in urban development services and solutions to support and complement efforts of tackling urban challenges. Takween-ICD provides project planning, design and implementation services to a range of local and international clients. Takween-ICD fields of interventions include integrated urban development and upgrading; heritage management and conservation; community development and mobilization; and direct involvement in participatory design and construction activities.
If you’re interested in working in urban conservation, rehabilitation, and restoration of cultural heritage field you can apply to the vacancy. The primary role of the Senior Architect is to provide support to Takween-ICD project in Esna City in Luxor. The Senior Architect will be engaged under the supervision of the Design project Manager in different project phases including documentation, assessment, planning and implementation. The Senior Architect is expected to work in a range of fields of interventions including urban conservation and buildings restoration in the city center of Esna, Luxor.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in planning and implementing the project activities in coordination with the Design Project Manager;
- Develop with the project team the visual identity of the project;
- Responsible for producing all the project's publications such as booklets, reports, brochures, posters, and website visuals;
- Create illustrations for the project's different visual data such as infographics, rough sketches, drawings, tourist maps, and signage;
- Creates professional designs and layouts for promotional materials including direct mailings, handouts, advertisements, posters, signs, logos, and other visual layouts;
- Design typical bilingual templates for publicity materials for circulation among the general public, government, NGOs, academic entities;
- Develop the project website and Social Media platforms graphic content, including:
o Identity and a color scheme for visual materials
o Feature images and infograms
o Illustrative diagrams and sketches
o Illustrative animated movies
o Picture and Video editing
o Audiovisual material
Communication and Reporting
- Attend and conduct regular coordination meetings with project staff, consultants, donors, clients and beneficiaries as required; and report on a regular basis progress of activities to the Project Manager to: ensure the timely and coordinated implementation of project activities
- 5-7 years of experience in Architecture, Graphics or a related field, or equivalent field experience.
- Work on multitasks at the same time using a wide range of media, including photography and computer aided design;
- Knowledge of graphic animation and video editing;
- Knowledge of photography and photography editing;
- Understanding of Printing management and documents production process;
- Understanding of marketing campaigns;
- Assist in copywriting as necessary and perform typesetting for forms and publications;
- Knowledge of current trends in same field by conducting the necessary research.
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Premier), AutoCAD, Sony Vegas, Flash, Adobe acrobat professional, relevant 3D modeling and rendering software;
- Html editing;
- Fluency in oral and written Arabic and English proficiency is a must;
- Teamwork abilities and work collaboratively with other stakeholders and staff members;
- Detail oriented, flexible, self-motivated and meeting deadlines.
- Senior Architect/Graphic Designer will work in Esna City – Luxor and Cairo office, accommodation and transportation are covered.
Salary & Benefits
If you are interested, please submit a portfolio or samples of work including different types of material (posters, logos, animated illustrations, infographs, web graphics, publications … etc.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their CVs and portfolios to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject: " RECHA Vacancy: Senior Architect/Graphic Designer "
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview