HR & Administrative Officer
Takween Integrated Community Development (Takween-ICD) is an urban development firm established in 2009 in Egypt by a young dynamic team with extensive experience, in response to a foreseen growing demand for innovative urban solutions in a world where it is predicted that by 2030, 60% of the world’s inhabitants will be living in urban centers. Takween-ICD specializes in the development of integrated packages in urban development services and solutions to support and complement efforts of tackling urban challenges. Takween-ICD provides project planning, design and implementation services to a range of local and international clients. Takween-ICD fields of interventions include integrated urban development and upgrading; heritage management and conservation; community development and mobilization; and direct involvement in participatory design and construction activities.
Purpose of the position
The Administrative/HR officer will be responsible for maintaining day-to-day administrative, personnel services and human resource management functions in order to meet office requirement and a smooth workflow. Takween-ICD works on a variety of projects in urban conservation, rehabilitation and restoration of cultural heritage sites and consequently the administrative assistant will be required to support the team as well as Takween projects logistics.
- Oversee the support operations of an organization and ensure that there is effective information flow and that resources are employed efficiently throughout a business
- Be up to date on developments in the business and office environment
- Manage the organization database, filing, storage and security of documents
- Supervise day-to-day administrative activities in the office
- Manage petty cash as per delegated authority; overseeing office expenditures with regards to office supplies
- Ensure all cash payments are made on time, vouchers are supported with adequate documentation and ledgers are up-to-date
- Maintain calendars of the management team
- Manage and draft letters/memos, meeting minutes and other official documents on regular basis
- Assets tracking/delivery and all its related issues
- Coordinate with IT department on all office devices
- Handling company bank operations
Human Resource Responsibilities:
- Preparing new employee files and ensure appropriate filing for employees` documents.
- Prepare social Insurance declarations for social Insurance department.
- Manage, update and follow up employment contracts, social insurance applications, bank applications for ATM Cards, Medical application and examination
- Orienting new employees to the organization (setting up a designated log-in, workstation, email address, etc.)
- Develop and maintain HR files and databases
- Manage and monitor attendance records, leave requests, and on-duty missions in Takween’s Main office and all its related field offices
- Prepare various attendance related reports
- Update and maintain staff leave records
- Collect and review all time sheets from employees and consultants and follow-up management approvals and signature process before payroll transactions
Recruitment & Organization Development
- Manage recruitment efforts
- Posting job ads, liaise with recruitment agencies and organizing resumes and job applications
- Perform 1st screening of the CV
- Scheduling job interviews and assisting in interview process
- Develop and maintain job descriptions
- Administering new employment assessments
- Lead talent management processes and measure effectiveness utilizing operational excellence tools
- Coordinate with management to successfully implement talent and organizational effectiveness processes.
- Proactively examine talent and culture data, deliver analysis, communicate trends and recommendations.
- Develop and implement jobs descriptions with departments' heads for all the company positions and Specifications
- Develop and implement the Job Evaluation system and job analysis process
- Identify, develop and implement improvements in Human Resource Information System processes and procedures
- Develop and the Organizational structure of the company.
- Develop and Implement Competencies Model.
Training & Performance Management
- Assists Managers and supervisors in observing and maintaining performance standards and provides advice and support in correcting performance problems
- Ensures that performance review training is provided where necessary
- Maintenance and Implement corporate Performance Management policy and process.
- Ensure the periodical completion of performance management activities.
- Identify improvement areas by analyzing the documents and process, provide group trainings if necessary.
- Plan training activities and budgets to upgrade skills of technical and administrative employees
- Contact various training agencies and refer trainees to appropriate agencies to ensure trainees receive maximum assistance. Liaise with external training agencies including identification of course objective and content. Evaluate training courses and trainees.
Policy Development & Procedures
- Develop, maintain and supervise the implementation HR policies and procedures
- Performing file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Humanities or other relevant field
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in office administration/management in development projects/programme or NGOs.
- Good knowledge of project/programme administration and human resource management.
- Understanding of the line agencies of the Government of Egypt (GoE), Non- Governmental Organizations (NGOs) preferably donors and private sector; being in a similar position, handling office administrative work and day to day reservations, activities, filing.
- Organized and detail-orientated with good analytical skills to run day-to-day operations.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team and on various projects at the same time.
- Proficiency with computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Ability to work independently in a wide range of assignments/tasks.
- Strong interpersonal communication and networking skills.
- Good intercultural skills and ability to work in a multicultural team.
Salary & Benefits
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject: HR & Admin Officer
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview