1 Year (subject to renewal)
Takween Integrated Community Development (Takween-ICD) is an urban development firm established in 2009 in Egypt by a young dynamic team with extensive experience, in response to a foreseen growing demand for innovative urban solutions in a world where it is predicted that by 2030, 60% of the world’s inhabitants will be living in urban centers. Takween-ICD specializes in the development of integrated packages in urban development services and solutions to support and complement efforts of tackling urban challenges. Takween-ICD provides project planning, design and implementation services to a range of local and international clients. Takween-ICD fields of interventions include integrated urban development and upgrading; heritage management and conservation; community development and mobilization; and direct involvement in participatory design and construction activities.
If you’re interested in working in urban conservation, rehabilitation, and restoration of cultural heritage field you can apply to the vacancy. The primary role of the Senior Architect is to provide support to Takween-ICD new project in Esna City in Luxor. The Senior Architect will be engaged under the supervision of the Program Manager in different project phases including documentation, assessment, planning and implementation. The Senior Architect is expected to work in a range of fields of interventions including urban conservation and buildings restoration in the city center of Esna, Luxor.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Management / Technical Responsibilities
- Participate in planning and implementing the project activities in coordination with the Design Project Manager
- Monitor, organize and direct implementation of the project daily activities; lead, coordinate and assign tasks to the Architect(s) to ensure the quality of the results, compliance with the budget, and the timely completion of the project activities
- Supervise the preparation of, review and approve measured drawings, condition surveys, design and adaptive reuse proposals, construction drawings, BOQ, cost estimates and written technical specifications, including the definition and choice of appropriate and cost-effective intervention methods and construction techniques to ensure the quality of result, the proper communication and the accurate implementation of approved intervention packages
- Ensure - with the assistance of the Site Architect(s) - the proper implementation of restoration/ rehabilitation / construction activities and techniques, manage and assure quality of, and approve technical specifications / choice of materials, to ensure the quality of the results, compliance with the budget, the timely completion of building activities, and the safety of work sites
Administrative and Financial Management
- Monitor and approve in cooperation with the Site Accountant all administrative and financial processes and procedures related to the project activities including monthly payments requests, procurement procedures, and approval of contracts and final payments to monitor and control expenditure and ensure the timely implementation of the project activities
Communication and Reporting
- Track and report to the Project Manager in coordination with the Site Accountant technical and financial progress of the project activities through production and tracking of time schedules and financial tracking tools to ensure the preparation and timely submission of progress and final reports needed to: i) monitor technical progress and financial expenditure vs. approved time schedules and budget, ii) analyze the results based on the facts achieved, iii) forecast future technical and financial achievements, and iv) carry out necessary adjustments and rescheduling to meet the project's scheduled objectives and deadlines
- Attend and conduct regular coordination meetings with project staff, consultants, donors, clients and beneficiaries as required; and report on a regular basis progress of activities to the Project Manager to: ensure the timely and coordinated implementation of project activities
Assistance to Higher Management Levels
- Assist the Project Manager in preparation of MRE reports, site visits, project presentations, and any related communication materials required for the good communication of the project objectives, policies, activities and achievements to higher management and different stakeholders
- Assess and control risk, forecast potential opportunities and threats facing the implementation of the project activities, and provide the Project Manager with necessary advice to ensure that proper actions and preventive measures are timely taken
- Bachelor of Science (Architecture, Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering)
Work Experience :
- 7-10 years of experience in urban conservation, rehabilitation, and restoration of cultural heritage (minimum 3 years in management position);
- Familiarity with architecture documentation, adaptive reuse, design development, production of construction drawings, and project management tools.
- Familiarity with urban conservation, rehabilitation, and restoration of cultural heritage.
- Fluency in oral and written Arabic and English proficiency is a must
- Excellent analytical and writing skills in Arabic and English is desirable;
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, and relevant 3D modeling software; and project management software such as Microsoft Project
- Graphic design, photography and sketching skills are an advantage;
- Ability to work under high pressure and carrying out simultaneous multi-tasks
- Self-motivated with high leadership, organizational and communication skills
- Creativity and ability to seek and explore innovative solutions
- Teamwork abilities and work collaboratively with other stakeholders and staff members
- Strong planning and organizational skills to cope with expected workload
- Accountability and high commitment to the company’s quality standards and code of ethics
- Working in a harsh environment and structurally dilapidated buildings
- Senior Architect will work in Esna City - Luxor, accommodation and transportation are covered.
Salary & Benefits
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their CVs and portfolios to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject: " RECHA Vacancy: Senior Architect "
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview