8 March 2018
2 Available Vacancies
1 Part Time – Cairo Office
1 Full Time – Esna Office
Takween Integrated Community Development (Takween-ICD) is an urban development firm established in 2009 in Egypt by a young dynamic team with extensive experience, in response to a foreseen growing demand for innovative urban solutions in a world where it is predicted that by 2030, 60% of the world’s inhabitants will be living in urban centers. Takween-ICD specializes in the development of integrated packages in urban development services and solutions to support and complement efforts of tackling urban challenges. Takween-ICD provides project planning, design and implementation services to a range of local and international clients. Takween-ICD fields of interventions include integrated urban development and upgrading; heritage management and conservation; community development and mobilization; and direct involvement in participatory design and construction activities.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized procurement officer to oversee purchases .In this position, you will play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for our organization. You will follow procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of inventory and incoming purchases and supplies, and be responsible for approving purchases.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Advises requisitioning units and recipient entities on the full range of procurement issues, providing support and guidance at all stage of the procurement cycle.
- Prepares/oversees preparation and distribution of invitations to tender and manages/conducts all aspects of bid/proposal evaluations.
- Formulates strategies and designs innovative solutions to resolve issues/conflicts for complex procurement projects.
- Participates in negotiations with senior supplier representatives; signs procurement orders up to the authorized limit, and, in cases where the amount exceeds authorized signature authority, prepares submissions to the Contracts Committee for review and subsequent approval by the authorized official.
- Conducts market research to keep abreast of market developments; researches and analyzes statistical data and market reports on the world commodity situation, production patterns and availability of good and services.
- Identifies new technologies, and products/services, evaluates and recommends potential supply sources and participates in the incorporation of research results into the procurement program.
- Oversees adherence to contractual agreements, recommends amendments and extensions of contracts, and advises concerned parties on contractual rights and obligations.
- Prepares a variety of procurement-related documents, contracts, communications, guidelines, instructions, etc.
- Provides guidance to, and may supervise, new/junior staff.
- Maintain and update a database and list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, products prices and potential future development
- Create and maintain inventory of all incoming and current supplies
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, or related field preferred
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Minimum (5) years previous experience as procurement officer or related position
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Fluency in oral and written Arabic and English proficiency is a must
- Excellent analytical and writing skills in Arabic and English is desirable;
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work under high pressure and carrying out simultaneous multi-tasks
- Self-motivated with high leadership, organizational and communication skills
- Creativity and ability to seek and explore innovative solutions
- Teamwork abilities and work collaboratively with other stakeholders and staff members
- Strong planning and organizational skills to cope with expected workload
- Accountability and high commitment to the company’s quality standards and code of ethics
- The Porcurment Officer (Full-time) will work in Esna City – Luxor office; preferably a resident from Luxor or Esna.
- The Porcurment Officer (Part-time) will work in Cairo office; preferably a resident from Cairo.
Salary & Benefits
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their CVs and portfolios to: email@example.com
Email Subject: " Procurment Officer "
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview