HR & Administrative Officer (1 position)
1 Year (project contract subject to renewal)
27 May 2018
Takween Integrated Community Development (Takween-ICD) is an urban development firm established in 2009 in Egypt by a young dynamic team with extensive experience, in response to a foreseen growing demand for innovative urban solutions in a world where it is predicted that by 2030, 60% of the world’s inhabitants will be living in urban centers. Takween-ICD specializes in the development of integrated packages in urban development services and solutions to support and complement efforts of tackling urban challenges. Takween-ICD provides project planning, design and implementation services to a range of local and international clients. Takween-ICD fields of interventions include integrated urban development and upgrading; heritage management and conservation; community development and mobilization; and direct involvement in participatory design and construction activities.
Purpose of the position
The administrative officer will be responsible for maintaining day to day administrative, personnel services and human resource management functions in order to meet office requirement and a smooth work flow. Takween-ICD works on a variety of projects in urban conservation, rehabilitation and restoration of cultural heritage sites and consequently the administrative assistant will be required to support the team as well as the projects logistics.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the support operations of an organization and ensure that there is effective information flow and that resources are employed efficiently throughout a business
- Be up to date on developments in the business and office environment
- Manage the organization database, filing, storage and security of documents
- Supervise day to day administrative activities in the office
- Manage petty cash as per delegated authority; overseeing office expenditures with regards to office supplies
- Ensure all cash payments are made on time, vouchers are supported with adequate documentation and ledgers are up-to-date
- Maintain calendars of the management team
- Manage and draft letters/memos, meeting minutes and other official documents on regular basis
- Ensure logistic (hotel bookings, hiring of vehicles etc.) for different official travels, events, high level missions and other visits along with adequate documentation
- Follow up on staff tickets (Train – Flights – Bus) and update the track sheet with all tickets.
- Serving as a point of contact with vendors/administrators
- Manage overtime for staff and attendance sheets
Human Resource Related Duties
- Participating in recruitment efforts
- Posting job ads, liaise with recruitment agencies and organizing resumes and job applications
- Perform 1st screening of the CV
- Scheduling job interviews and assisting in interview process
- Preparing new employee files and ensure appropriate filing for employees` documents.
- Update and follow up employees’ contracts
- Prepare social Insurance declarations for social Insurance department.
- Orienting new employees to the organization (setting up a designated log-in, workstation, email address, etc.)
- Administering new employment assessments
- Prepare and manage Staff Payroll
- Update and follow up staff leaves
- Maintaining current HR files and databases
- Performing file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Humanities or other relevant field
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in office administration/management in development projects/programme or NGOs.
- Good knowledge of project/programme administration and human resource management.
- Understanding of the line agencies of the Government of Egypt (GoE), Non- Governmental Organizations (NGOs) preferably donors and private sector; being in a similar position, handling office administrative work and day to day reservations, activities, filing.
- Organized and detail-orientated with good analytical skills to run day-to-day operations.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team and on various projects at the same time.
- Proficiency with computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Ability to work independently in a wide range of assignments/tasks.
- Strong interpersonal communication and networking skills.
- Good intercultural skills and ability to work in a multicultural team.
Salary & Benefits
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject: HR & Admin Officer
Deadline for applications: 27 May 2018
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview