Project Finance Manager
Project contract subject to renewal
1 December 2016
Takween Integrated Community Development (Takween-ICD) is an urban development firm established in 2009 in Egypt by a young dynamic team with extensive experience, in response to a foreseen growing demand for innovative urban solutions in a world where it is predicted that by 2030, 60% of the world’s inhabitants will be living in urban centers. Takween-ICD specializes in the development of integrated packages in urban development services and solutions to support and complement efforts of tackling urban challenges. Takween-ICD provides project planning, design and implementation services to a range of local and international clients. Takween-ICD fields of interventions include integrated urban development and upgrading; heritage management and conservation; community development and mobilization; and direct involvement in participatory design and construction activities.
§ Plans and directs accounting activities by performing the following duties, personally or through subordinate supervisors;
§ Manage and Maintain financial, accounting, administrative and personnel services in order to meet legislative requirements and support the company financial operations.
- The Project Finance Manager will report to the Project Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the internal and external auditors as necessary
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash, bank accounts reconciliation
- Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting with the management team
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy
- Oversee the bookkeeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded
- Assist the Project Manager with financial reporting as required at General Meetings
- Oversee all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner
- Negotiate and manage the employee benefits plans
- Ensure that accurate and timely financial statements are prepared in accordance with contract agreements with funders
- Oversee the management of all leases, contracts and other financial commitments
- Analyzes project progress, results and trends, providing financial decision support, identifying and communicating operating and financial risk.
- Monitor risk management policies and procedures to ensure that project risks are minimized
- Liaises and coordinates and ensures effective interface regularly with the Project Manager and the project team
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in accounting, finance.
- CPA, CMA, or MBA preferred, and or Postgraduate Degree in Finance
Work Experience :
- Minimum 10-15 years of progressive accounting/analysis experience required (minimum 5 years in management position);
- Previous experience in managing donor funded projects especially USAID.
- Fluency in oral and written Arabic and English proficiency is a must
- Excellent analytical and writing skills in Arabic and English is desirable;
- Strong mathematical approach;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office;
- Good Knowledge of QuickBooks online accounting software.
- Ability to work under high pressure and carrying out simultaneous multi-tasks
- Self-motivated with high leadership, organizational and communication skills
- Teamwork abilities and work collaboratively with other stakeholders and staff members
- Strong planning and organizational skills to cope with expected workload
- Accountability and high commitment to the company’s quality standards and code of ethics
- Project Finance Manager will work in Cairo office and 50% of his time effort will be based in Esna City - Luxor, accommodation and transportation are covered.
Salary & Benefits
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject: " RECHA Vacancy: Project Finance Manager "
Deadline for applications: 1 December 2016
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview