Project contract subject to renewal
1 December 2016
Takween Integrated Community Development (Takween-ICD) is an urban development firm established in 2009 in Egypt by a young dynamic team with extensive experience, in response to a foreseen growing demand for innovative urban solutions in a world where it is predicted that by 2030, 60% of the world’s inhabitants will be living in urban centers. Takween-ICD specializes in the development of integrated packages in urban development services and solutions to support and complement efforts of tackling urban challenges. Takween-ICD provides project planning, design and implementation services to a range of local and international clients. Takween-ICD fields of interventions include integrated urban development and upgrading; heritage management and conservation; community development and mobilization; and direct involvement in participatory design and construction activities.
If you’re interested in working in urban conservation, rehabilitation, and restoration of cultural heritage field you can apply to the vacancy. The primary role of the Architect (s) is to provide support to Takween-ICD new project in Esna City in Luxor. The Architect (s) will be engaged under the supervision of the Senior Architect in different project phases including documentation, assessment, planning and implementation. The Architect is expected to work in a range of fields of interventions including urban conservation and buildings restoration in the city center of Esna, Luxor.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Program Management / Technical Responsibilities
- Carry out field surveys and produce written and graphic documentation including photographic documentations, videos, and sketches, and measured drawings for buildings and public open spaces;
- Survey and documentation of buildings for rehabilitation, restoration or new construction to: produce photographic documentation, accurate measured drawings and condition surveys;
- Conduct participatory design sessions with different stakholders for rehabilitation, restoration or new construction to: assess stakholders needs and secure their approvals to produce responsive design alternatives
- Develop in consultation with Site Architect(s) - in the light of stakholders needs, structural assessments and conservation constrains - different design alternatives to: produce final architectural drawings, BOQ and Cost Estimates
- Carry out in coordination with the management team conflict resolutions and final negotiations with different stakholders for rehabilitation, restoration or new construction to: produce financially flexible, environmentally sound, and architecturally appropriate intervention packages that accommodate stakholders needs as well as the Project's objectives
- Produce and revise in consultation with the Site Architect(s) working drawings and construction details including the graphic documentation required for the implementation of architectural, structural, electrical, sanitary and mechanical works; as well as other documents as required during the implementation of rehabilitation / construction works to: ensure the proper communication and the accurate implementation of approved intervention packages
- Produce, develop and revise in consultation with the Site Architect(s) written technical specifications and notes accompanying the drawings to: reflect the proposed intervention methods and construction techniques as well as applicable safety requirements and by-laws
Communication and Reporting
- Carry out regular architectural and photographic documentation of onsite rehabilitation / construction activities to: produce as-built drawings and to assist in the production of progress and final reports on rehabilitation / construction activities
- Prepare and collect different written and graphic materials to: produce project presentations, reports or any related communication materials
- Attend regular coordination meetings with project staff, consultants, clients and beneficiaries as required; and report on a regular basis progress of activities to the Senior Architect(s) to: ensure the timely and coordinated implementation of project activities
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture
- 3-5 years of experience in urban conservation, rehabilitation, and restoration of cultural heritage
- Familiarity with architecture documentation, adaptive reuse, design development, production of construction drawings, and project management tools.
- Familiarity with urban conservation, rehabilitation, and restoration of cultural heritage.
- Fluency in oral and written Arabic and English proficiency is a must
- Excellent analytical and writing skills in Arabic and English is desirable;
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, and relevant 3D modeling software;
- Graphic design, photography and sketching skills are an advantage;
- Ability to work under high pressure and carrying out simultaneous multi-tasks
- Self-motivated with high leadership, organizational and communication skills
- Creativity and ability to seek and explore innovative solutions
- Teamwork abilities and work collaboratively with other stakeholders and staff members
- Strong planning and organizational skills to cope with expected workload
- Accountability and high commitment to the company’s quality standards and code of ethics
- The Architect preferably a resident from Luxor or Esna.
- The Architect will be working in a harsh environment and structurally dilapidated buildings
Salary & Benefits
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their CVs and portfolios to: email@example.com
Email Subject: " RECHA Vacancy: Architect "
Deadline for applications: 1 December 2016
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview