9th August 2018
Takween Integrated Community Development (Takween-ICD) is an urban development firm established in 2009 in Egypt by a dynamic team with extensive experience, in response to a foreseen growing demand for innovative urban solutions in a world where it is predicted that by 2030, 60% of the world’s inhabitants will be living in urban centers. Takween-ICD specializes in the development of integrated packages in urban development services and solutions to support and complement efforts of tackling urban challenges. Takween-ICD provides project planning, design and implementation services to a range of local and international clients. Takween-ICD fields of interventions include integrated urban development and upgrading; heritage management and conservation; community development and mobilization; and direct involvement in participatory design and construction activities.
The primary role is to provide support to Takween-ICD urban development program in areas of research, documentation, design, execution, and communication activities. The Junior Architect will be engaged under the supervision of the Senior Architect in different project phases including mobilizations, assessment, planning and implementation. The Junior Architect is expected to work in a range of fields of interventions including urban upgrading, participatory design of public open space interventions, architectural design and detailed urban planning/redevelopment of existing urban areas.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect and analyze extant literature, data and other relevant information that is focused on Takween-ICD fields of interventions;
- Carry out field surveys and produce written and graphic documentation including written notes photographic documentations, videos, and sketches, and measured drawings for buildings and public open spaces;
- Identify potential partners and local stakeholders on the neighborhoods level, and engage in focus group meetings and interviews with different stakeholders to collect information required for the development of Takween-ICD projects;
- Conduct participatory needs assessment sessions with different stakeholders to assess their needs;
- Engage in the design and development of Takween-ICD digital database on urban upgrading and community development resources, initiatives and projects;
- Assist in conducting workshops and seminars engaging local stakeholders, professionals and public audience.
Communication and Reporting
- Assist the Senior Architect in documenting projects’ results; and collecting written and graphic materials to produce different reports, communication materials and presentations;
- Attend regular coordination meetings with project staff, consultants, donors, clients and beneficiaries as required; and report on a regular basis progress of activities to the Senior Architect;
- Assist the Senior Architect in designing, organizing and publicizing different Takween-ICD workshops and seminars engaging local stakeholders, professionals and public audience;
- Actively engage under the supervision of the Senior Architect in communication activities and public debates initiated by Takween-ICD through its website, electronic campaigns or social media platforms;
- B. Sc. in architecture/urban planning, or equivalent University degree in related area of study
- Fluency in oral and written Arabic and English is a must;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills in Arabic and English is desirable;
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator, Indesign, and relevant 3D modeling software;
- Graphic design, photography and sketching skills are an advantage;
- Ability to work under high pressure and carry out multi-tasks in simultaneous projects;
- Self-motivation and willingness to learn;
- Creativity and ability to seek and explore innovative solutions
- Effective communication of ideas and design solutions
- Teamwork abilities and work collaboratively with other stakeholders and staff members
- Strong planning and organizational skills to cope with expected workload
- Accountability and high commitment to the company’s quality standards and code of ethics
Salary & Benefits
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their Portfolio & CVs to: email@example.com
Subject: "Vacancy: Junior Architect"
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview