Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
1 Year (project contract subject to renewal)
1 December 2016
Takween Integrated Community Development (Takween-ICD) is an urban development firm established in 2009 in Egypt by a young dynamic team with extensive experience, in response to a foreseen growing demand for innovative urban solutions in a world where it is predicted that by 2030, 60% of the world’s inhabitants will be living in urban centers. Takween-ICD specializes in the development of integrated packages in urban development services and solutions to support and complement efforts of tackling urban challenges. Takween-ICD provides project planning, design and implementation services to a range of local and international clients. Takween-ICD fields of interventions include integrated urban development and upgrading; heritage management and conservation; community development and mobilization; and direct involvement in participatory design and construction activities.
Purpose of the position
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for monitoring and evaluation of a project funded by USAID in Luxor, Egypt. The position will require knowledge of USAID based projects especially with regards to heritage sites. The officer will develop a functional M&E system for the project as per USAID guidelines as well as, a log frame with results and resource framework, especially looking at indicators and how they are satisfied. The officer will collect and review data and reporting forms for quantitative and qualitative information. In addition, the officer will compile, analyze, and disseminate data using the project methodology along with complete details about the flow of information and responsibilities of various levels of staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishing the framework and procedures for the development of performance indicators and targets for the project, the medium term development strategy, the medium term expenditure framework policy.
- Providing support in the alignment of existing planning and budgetary indicators and targets to ensure that they are appropriately presented and adequately linked to the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Develop a log frame and resource framework according to project criteria and USAID regulations. As well as, a monitoring and evaluation plan in compliance with ADS 203.
- Develop specific indicators for the project at hand.
- Defining and implementing the project’s key performance indicators (KPIs) as well as monitoring them throughout the duration of the project.
- Draft tools and their revisions as well as data collection procedures under the supervision of the project director (e.g. logical framework, project performance tracking, indicators, data flow chart, M&E manuals).
- Monitor and evaluate the project activities using the above mentioned tools and systems.
- Ensure success implementation of M&E plans.
- Qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Site visits to Luxor for detailed project review and evaluation to ensure the quality and accuracy of the data being collected.
- A Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Economics or related field
- A Post graduate degree in public management / policy or Monitoring and Evaluation is an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in the design and implementation of M&E in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs and USAID.
- Experience in delivering M&E plan and supporting systems in a developing country.
- Understanding of the line agencies of the Government of Egypt (GoE), Non- Governmental Organizations (NGOs) preferably donors and private sector; being in a similar position, handling M&E activities.
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports.
- Good knowledge of best practices in M&E within this context.
- Preferable previous USAID experience
- Organized and detail-orientated with proficient research, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team.
- Proficiency with computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Ability to work independently in a wide range of assignments/tasks.
- Strong interpersonal communication and networking skills.
- Good intercultural skills and ability to work in a multicultural team.
- Sensitivity in the areas of gender equality, poverty reduction and social inclusion and equity.
Salary & Benefits
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their CVs and portfolios to: email@example.com
Email Subject: RECHA: M&E Officer
Deadline for applications: 1 December 2016
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview